Labels

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Live: Laundry Room Quick Fix

Laundry Room Before:
 The shelves above the washer and dryer provide great storage for cleaning supplies, kitchen overflow, and things that are not used often. However, the chaos drove me crazy. I constantly leave the door open, so you can see into the laundry room from the kitchen. The worst part was the clutter, I am ok with people seeing the washer and dryer.

I am a huge collector of Fiesta dishes, I have dishes displayed in my china cabinet, and the tablecloth on my kitchen table. Eventually I want to make valances out of the tablecloth too. I knew I wanted my laundry room to flow with my kitchen so I ordered another tablecloth to make a curtain to cover the shelves.

The stripes on the tablecloth went the perfect direction, I was able to fold it at one of the stripes, iron for a crisp line, and sew one quick line. I used a tension rod and drapery rings to hang the curtain.


The Finished Product

There was also enough space between the washer and dryer for a ClosetMaid 3 shelf organizer. It's a great place to keep laundry supplies, and my broom and Swiffer stand up behind it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment