Labels

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Teach: Clip It

Displaying student work has been something in elementary schools for as long as I can remember. But the days of tape on the back of every students paper are gone, and push pins in the cork never last. Try clipping it up:

Materials:
  • large construction paper
  • letter stickers (or you can cut them out on a Cricut)
  • clothes pins (2 per)
  • laminating machine
  • hot glue gun and glue sticks
A simple task, done at the beginning of the school year and good all year.

Directions:
  1. Start by putting each students name towards the top of the paper, make sure you leave enough room for an 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper and about 2 inches for paper clips. You could even have the students write and decorate their own. Just watch where they do it at.
  2. Laminate. It just helps make it last all year.
  3. Using your hot glue gun, glue 2 clothes under each name. Spread them out, maybe 4 or 5 inches, but try to make them level. (We also hot glue ours to the wall. They lasted all year, but I know some schools are against that.)
A piece of paper should clip in, and hang only on the large constuction paper so that you can line them up in the hall or classroom.

Trim it with border and it is like an instant bulletin board. You can even put a title above it.

I have my kids take a paper out of their Take Home Folder that they are proud of to hang up. They also ask when they get papers back in class if they can go hang it up.

I also made an Objective/Learning Target Clip It. I can use our target for that lesson if it is something I want all of us to have out, or something like "I always do my best!"

1 comment:

  1. Love this idea! I didn't realize you'd started up a blog either! LOL. It's cute! You'll make a good blogger!

    ReplyDelete