Labels

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Love: The End of Pregnancy




How far along? 39 and 40 Weeks, and Delivery

Weight Gain: 32 pounds and swollen

Stretch Marks: None.

Sleep: Really pretty good, waking up to go to the bathroom, but going right back to sleep.

Wedding Rings On or Off? The weekend before delivery I did have to take my wedding rings off. My fingers swelled while walking, and never went down enough to wear again.

Labor Signs: The Tuesday before my 39 week appointment I woke up about midnight not feeling well. When JD got home he took my temperature, 100.4, I also had bad body aches and freezing cold. In the morning my fever had gone down, but I was not feeling Connor move as much. We ended up at the hospital for monitoring. He was fine, and we found out I was having contractions, I just wasn’t feeling them. At my 39 weeks appointment on Thursday I was nearly 90% effaced and 1 ½ cm dilated, still not feeling contractions. Monday morning I went to work, by 8 a.m. I was exhausted and my feet were swollen. My co-workers encouraged me to go to the doctor after school, so I did. My blood pressure was elevated for me, and with the swelling the doctor gave me off until delivery. After 3 days of rest, I went back to the doctor on Thursday. My blood pressure was up a little more. It was decided I would be induced that night.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment