Labels

Friday, February 15, 2013

Live: Valentine's Day

This Valentine's Day was especially special for my husband and I. We celebrated it with our new little Valentine. We also tried to keep it low key between the two of us. After all we do show each other our love every day, and in the scheme of things we have never big on teddy bears, flowers, and chocolates, and trust me I have all the jewelry I could want. This year my Valentine's ideas came completely though Pinterest.

This blogger showed how to create a traditional pound cake with a pumpkin shaped pumpkin cake inside.
http://www.sheknows.com/food-and-recipes/articles/975551/pumpkin-pound-cake

I used Pinsiration to make a Valentine's cake.

Ingredients:
Strawberry Cake mix and all ingredients to make
Chocolate Cake mix and all ingredients to make

Mix Strawberry Cake as directed. Pour into loaf pan. I used a 10" loaf pan, and my cake ended up not getting tall enough, so I would use a smaller one.  In the 10" pan it took 40 minutes to cook.
 You can see here that my Strawberry Cake wasn't long enough. I had to cut off the top and bottom then use a cookie cutter to cut the hearts flat instead of on each slice. Then I just placed them in the middle of the pan.
 Mix the Chocolate Cake mix as directed.Pour over the hearts in the loaf pan and bake. I baked mine for 30 minutes.



The finished cake, overall I'd say it came out pretty good.














I used just a tub of Betty Crocker Vanilla icing to finish off the cake.










For the rest of my husband's Valentine's present I used tags from this website:
http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/01/14-days-of-valentines-with-free.html
Giving him a bag full of goodies and special messages to go with each.


Finally, he surprised me with a beautiful flower arrangement and Chocolate Dipped Strawberries and Raspberries (no, they didn't come in the mail, he took the time to do them himself!).

No comments:

Post a Comment