Labels

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Football Blanket


I had the material for months to make a U of L Football blanket. Finally, before the football game this past weekend I decided I was going to sit down and make it. It took me about 2 hours from start to finish. It was relatively easy. The hardest part was cutting out the stitches and sewing them on.

I got the pattern from:
http://www.happytogethercreates.com/2011/10/cozy-football-blanket-pattern-free.html

As you can see I did not put the stitches down the side of the football, and I love it just fine without them. After cutting out the basic shape I centered the stitches, and using a zig-zag stitch I sewed it on. I then pinned the fabrics facing each other and sewed them together, leaving about an 8 inch opening. I did have to do some clean up cutting here, just where there was some extra overhang from not being exactly the same.  After flipping, I ironed the edges for a nice clean edge. I then sewed about a half inch stitch all the way around, and sewed the opening shut.

No comments:

Post a Comment