Labels

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Live: Pineapple BBQ Chicken

I am trying to use my Crock-Pot more often, just for the ease of cooking. I mean it's great when I can come home from work and dinner is just about ready. One of my favorites that I can not seem to stop making is Pineapple BBQ Chicken. Its easy and cheap.

Ingredients:
4-6 chicken breasts (I have always used thawed, I would love to know if I can put them in frozen.)
1- 8oz can crushed pineapple
1 bottle BBQ sauce (seriously the cheapest you can buy, original)
Rice

1. Mix the BBQ sauce and crushed pineapple in the bottom of a greased Crock-Pot.
2. Add your chicken, cover with sauce.
3. Cook on Low 6-8 hours, or High 4-6 hours. Mine always seems to cook on the faster end, maybe because the chicken in thawed.

When I get home a cook a quick pot of Minute Rice. Dinner is ready to eat in about 10 minutes.

This time I used brown rice for my husband and white rice for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment