Labels

Friday, January 25, 2013

Love: 38 Weeks



How far along? 38 Weeks

Weight Gain: 28 pounds, ready for this to slow down…

Morning Sickness: None.

Maternity Clothes: All the time, and even 2 pairs of my maternity pants are starting to get a little uncomfortable. I am trying to wear my more comfortable stuff.

Stretch Marks: None. I have used Palmer’s Cocoa Butter lotion religiously throughout my pregnancy. Think what you want, and it may just be moisture or genetics, but I consider myself pretty lucky.

Sleep: I am exhausted when I get home from work, and ready for bed quite early. Throughout the night I generally wake up about once, sometime around when my husband is getting into bed. I will normally go to the bathroom when I am awake. I am also generally thirsty at this point. I drink about 8 ounces of water a night.

Baby Movement: He is still moving very often. The movements have gotten a little more painful, he jabs out on my right side especially, little knees I think, also something by my ribs that bugs me.

Food Cravings:

Labor Signs: No contractions or anything, but at I doctor’s appointment this week I found out I am 1 cm dilated and 70% effaced.

Belly Button In or Out? I still consider it to be pretty flat, but I have had more people the last week tell me it has popped out. I still think it’s the top edge of it.

Wedding Rings On or Off? On.

Thoughts and Feelings: There are a few things that I think people are crazy for saying.
1.      The baby is an internal heater- I have not experienced this. One of the ladies I work with said she didn’t even need a coat in the dead of winter. This is definitely not the case for me. There are times that I am still cold. At night I get warm, but when our bedroom door is closed its gets warm very fast. It’s not a burning up warm either.
2.      Nesting… I keep hoping this will come, but so far nothing. I need to clean my house badly. Not that it is dirty, but it does need a good cleaning. I am trying to go for one room at a time, and just clean it. This works fine in the rooms we don’t use, the others not so much.

A few things I have been working on:
1.      Prepping meals, with the help of my dad. I have cooked and frozen 8 pounds of hamburger meat to make dinners easier. My dad has also been cooking me different meals and freezing them, so thankful for this. I have tried to stock up on some different can goods we generally use a lot of, tomato sauce, vegetables, cream of chicken, and mushroom. I have also tried to have a grocery list of possible things we will need when we get home if someone else is going to the grocery for us, like my dad.
2.      Filling out his baby book. I was way late on buying a baby book to begin with. It only came in about a week ago. I was thinking I would make it at first, and then I just wasn’t happy with the outcome of some pages. Not to mention it was a bit overwhelming. I was able to find a sports themed baby book on Amazon, and then also ordered 2 matching photo albums.
3.   Designing his birth announcement. I found a birth announcement I loved and knew I could make it myself. I started it in Publisher, have a sample picture plugged in for size, name, fake information. This gave me a pretty good idea about spacing so that when he arrives I just have to change some numbers and send it to print. A lot easier than trying to sit down and design it after he is born. I also contacted my photographer to make sure I could get one of his newborn pictures quickly to use on the announcement. I have a pretty good list of who we will be sending announcements too, and just need to go by the post office to get stamps. I have the envelopes set out, and will print labels in advance too.

No comments:

Post a Comment